What does it mean to Make Learning Personal?
The term "Personalized Learning" is very controversial and confusing. We created this site to dispel some of the myths about personalized learning and for you to:
- learn about the latest research on personalized learning.
- follow the thought leaders in the field of personalized learning.
- hear from teachers and learners who are personalizing learning.
- use strategies and tools to support changing teacher and learner roles.
- is unique and is on their own personal learning journey.
- follows their passion so they discover their purpose.
- has the skills to drive their learning.
- owns their learning that happens anywhere at anytime.
- Guide the transformation of schools to sustainable personalized learning environments.
- Build a worldwide community of practice on personalized learning.
- Share research and models of personalized learning from around the world.
- Successful learners understand how they learn best.
- An abundance of resources are available now to make learning personal.
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL) is the framework to make learning personal for ALL learners.
- Technology levels the playing field by removing barriers to learning.
- Learners learn best in a creative, flexible environment.
- Use the term “learners” instead of referring to them as “students."
- Learners have a choice in how they acquire information and knowledge.
- Learners have a voice in how they express what they know and understand.
- Learners who own their learning are intrinsically motivated to learn and succeed.
- The community can be the school. Everyone is a learner and a teacher.
- Learning is a process and failure is a learning opportunity.
- Everything can be a teachable moment.
- Making learning personal is a cost-effective way to teach and learn.